9. Promote Rachel's Corner bulletin messages in your local church. These weekly messages of "hope and healing after abortion" tells your fellow church members that nothing is beyond the power and desire of God to forgive...not even abortion. Email ProjectRachel@ccsww.org
10. Bring "Compassion in Action" to your local community by sponsoring the live, one-act play, Viable, a story about healing after abortion. Human Life of Washington State is promoting this statewide. To see a video of the play go HERE. To get more information about bringing this play to your community contact Human Life office by phone at (253) 517-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Ask to speak with Esther Ripplinger, Executive Director.
More Volunteering and Resources
1. Get informed and vote for pro-life candidates. See Human Life WA State PAC info HERE. See National Right to Life Victory Fund HERE. See LifePAC SW WA HERE
3. AdoptUSKids will help you with adopting and fostering children. The need is great. More info HERE.
4. Backyard Orphans message: "Church leaders, there’s never been a better time to develop a foster care, adoption, and support ministry. Let’s chat!" START HERE
5. 40 Days for Life (fall and spring campaigns) combines prayer, fasting and peaceful vigil at the local abortion business, Planned Parenthood. The on-site prayer vigil takes place on 116th Ave. one block north of SE Mill Plain Blvd. Participants on-site are asked to sign the Statement of Peace.
6. Sidewalk Advocates for Life provides training for peaceful, prayerful, legal and woman-centered presence in the public right of way outside an abortion center offering help to the abortion-minded.
7. Contact Students for Life to start a pro-life group at your middle school, high school, college and med/law school.
8. Feminists for Life will help you make your workplace and college campus "pregnancy friendly."
11. Use the Alternative Healthy Family Formation program appropriate for grades 8-12 and developed by Teen-Aid providing abstinence and character education since 1981. Based upon risk avoidance model as opposed to WA State School Sex Ed risk reduction model championed by Planned Parenthood. (See top 10 reasons to keep PP out of our schools.) And now mandatory in all public schools.
12. Parents with children in public schools have the legal right to review the sex ed curriculum prior to instruction taking place and to opt student(s) out with a written request according to the State Dept. of Public Instruction Sample Parent Letter.
13. Get informed about legislation on the state and national level.
Washington State...Family Policy Institute WA HERE.